“Meals make the society hold the fabric together in lots of ways that are charming and interesting and intoxicating to me. The perfect meal, or the best meals, occur in a context that frequently has very little to do with the food itself.” – Anthony Bourdain.
By analyzing all restaurants worldwide, Andiago recommends the best culinary experiences locally and abroad. We’ve had a blast looking at all your favorite spots, cocktails, and dishes from 2021, so we wanted to celebrate them! We can’t wait to see where you dine this year.
Top 5 Dining Cities
- Miami: Miami is a melting pot of flavors! Home to the most celebrated award-winning chefs, you can find lux hidden gems hiding in plain sight. Eat every cultural dish, from ceviche, churrasco, stone crabs, and fritters.
- New York: You haven’t lived until you bite into a New York bagel, a NYC pizza, or real NYC cheesecake! Even pastrami on rye with its smoky flavors are to die for. The scene is constantly changing with the trendiest of foods and experiences!
- San Francisco: The Bay area has it all, from award-winning to comfort food restaurants. Home to Award-winning restaurants, here you can indulge your senses with a sense of delicacy.
- Cabo San Lucas: This remarkable place offers smoked marlin, tamales, pitahaya, and more. Eat traditional Mexican and global cuisine while relaxing by the sea!
- Los Angeles: Dare to dream in LA! You can find anything your heart desires in its colorful multicultural streets. Eat the best Mexican street food, vegan food, and discover award-winning places. And if you want something laid back, you can eat the most delicious tacos by the oceanside.
Top Cuisine Chosen by Users
- Italian: It is no wonder that Italian cuisine made a list of food trends again. Classic recipes that have been passed down generation to generation and onto our happy hearts (and bellies). You will never regret the food coma from gnocchi or tiramisu.
- Peruvian: Only using the freshest ingredients, people create the heartiest dishes. Their Papas a la Huancaina (potatoes with spicy cheese sauce) will satisfy any craving. And, you can’t go home without trying their national dish, the ceviche marinated in lime juice and hot peppers!
- Greek: The Mediterranean diet does it again! It tastes delicious, and its diet is perfectly balanced to give you everything your body needs. It is easy to keep a plant-based lifestyle.
- Modern European: This trend showcases the best Mediterranean, Scandinavian, and other cuisines! Savor delicious fish and different types of cultural plates in a minimalistic style whose savory notes explode in your mouth.
- Fusion: You get the best of both worlds! This culinary fusion mixes one cuisine with another yummy cuisine to create a delicious mash-up.
The Trend of the Year
Omakase: Omakase is the 2021 trend of the year! Omakase is a Japanese phrase that translates to “respectfully leaving another to decide what is best.” Meaning, you leave it to your chef to create a carefully crafted dish and culinary experience. Leaving fate to a chef who knows what ingredients and fish go perfectly together is absolute heaven. Even though the best Omakase restaurant is located in the Ginza neighborhood of Sukiyabashi Jiro in Tokyo, you can find them globally! The Q Sushi in Los Angeles offers the most memorable and exclusive dining experience.
Food has the power to bring the world together. With our world-changing and relying more on tech than ever before, our app can help you discover the most transcendental restaurants. If our AI recommends it, it is trending with locals. Book a table and save new trendy restaurants with one tap! Now, go forth and eat your way around the world!